Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 3:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 03:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.18 meters/second, 1617.0 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 46.0"||1004.71 mi||West||0° 11' 11.4"||12.81 mi||North||1004.70 mi|
|24 hours||10° 48' 49.5"||746.91 mi||East||4° 19' 36.1"||297.30 mi||North||801.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 5:02 PM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 5:02 PM||2576 km||1601 miles||1391 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 5:02 PM||2897 km||1800 miles||1564 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Wed 7:02 PM||3249 km||2019 miles||1754 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 5:02 PM||3542 km||2201 miles||1912 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 4:02 PM||3865 km||2401 miles||2087 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles||Wed 7:02 PM||4028 km||2503 miles||2175 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Wed 8:02 PM||4105 km||2551 miles||2217 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Thu 5:02 PM||4108 km||2552 miles||2218 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco||Wed 7:02 PM||4183 km||2599 miles||2259 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.