Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 3:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 03:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.12 meters/second, 1616.8 km/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 47.1"||1004.58 mi||West||0° 11' 10.0"||12.79 mi||North||1004.57 mi|
|24 hours||10° 48' 32.7"||746.48 mi||East||4° 18' 54.2"||296.51 mi||North||801.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 5:52 PM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 5:52 PM||2141 km||1331 miles||1156 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Wed 5:52 PM||2302 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Thu 4:52 PM||2661 km||1653 miles||1437 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 3:52 PM||2880 km||1789 miles||1555 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Wed 5:52 PM||2880 km||1790 miles||1555 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Thu 5:52 PM||2990 km||1858 miles||1615 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Wed 4:52 PM||3237 km||2012 miles||1748 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 3:52 PM||3578 km||2223 miles||1932 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 4:52 PM||3791 km||2355 miles||2047 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.