Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 4:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 04:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.09 meters/second, 1616.7 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 47.8"||1004.51 mi||West||0° 11' 09.2"||12.77 mi||North||1004.49 mi|
|24 hours||10° 48' 24.2"||746.26 mi||East||4° 18' 32.1"||296.09 mi||North||800.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 6:18 PM||164 km||102 miles||88 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Wed 6:18 PM||1992 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||N|
|Fakaofo||Thu 5:18 PM||2103 km||1307 miles||1136 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 4:18 PM||2186 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 6:18 PM||2450 km||1522 miles||1323 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Thu 6:18 PM||2497 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 6:18 PM||2732 km||1698 miles||1475 nm||S|
|Alofi||Wed 5:18 PM||2847 km||1769 miles||1537 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 4:18 PM||2942 km||1828 miles||1588 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 4:18 PM||3335 km||2072 miles||1801 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.