Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 05:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.03 meters/second, 1616.5 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 48.8"||1004.37 mi||West||0° 11' 07.8"||12.75 mi||North||1004.35 mi|
|24 hours||10° 48' 08.6"||745.84 mi||East||4° 17' 49.4"||295.27 mi||North||799.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Thu 6:08 PM||814 km||506 miles||439 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 5:08 PM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 7:08 PM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Thu 6:08 PM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 5:08 PM||1849 km||1149 miles||999 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Thu 7:08 PM||1935 km||1203 miles||1045 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 5:08 PM||1993 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||W|
|Majuro||Thu 5:08 PM||2189 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Wed 7:08 PM||2324 km||1444 miles||1255 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Wed 6:08 PM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.