Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 05:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.02 meters/second, 1616.5 kilometres/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 49.1"||1004.34 mi||West||0° 11' 07.5"||12.74 mi||North||1004.32 mi|
|24 hours||10° 48' 05.6"||745.76 mi||East||4° 17' 40.8"||295.11 mi||North||799.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Wed 5:18 PM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 5:18 PM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Thu 6:18 PM||699 km||434 miles||377 nm||S|
|Rawaki||Thu 6:18 PM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Thu 6:18 PM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Thu 7:18 PM||1599 km||994 miles||863 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Thu 5:18 PM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 5:18 PM||1726 km||1072 miles||932 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 7:18 PM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||S|
|Majuro||Thu 5:18 PM||1925 km||1196 miles||1039 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.