Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 05:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.01 meters/second, 1616.4 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 49.2"||1004.32 mi||West||0° 11' 07.4"||12.74 mi||North||1004.30 mi|
|24 hours||10° 48' 03.8"||745.71 mi||East||4° 17' 35.5"||295.01 mi||North||799.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Wed 5:24 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Thu 6:24 PM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Thu 6:24 PM||844 km||524 miles||456 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 6:24 PM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 5:24 PM||1566 km||973 miles||846 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 5:24 PM||1584 km||985 miles||856 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 7:24 PM||1760 km||1094 miles||950 nm||E|
|Majuro||Thu 5:24 PM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Thu 7:24 PM||1925 km||1196 miles||1040 nm||S|
|Yaren||Thu 5:24 PM||2270 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.