Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 05:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.00 meters/second, 1616.4 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 49.3"||1004.31 mi||West||0° 11' 07.2"||12.74 mi||North||1004.29 mi|
|24 hours||10° 48' 02.7"||745.68 mi||East||4° 17' 32.1"||294.94 mi||North||799.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Wed 5:28 PM||416 km||259 miles||225 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 5:28 PM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Thu 6:28 PM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Thu 6:28 PM||884 km||550 miles||478 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Thu 5:28 PM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 6:28 PM||1461 km||908 miles||789 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Thu 5:28 PM||1530 km||951 miles||826 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 5:28 PM||1662 km||1033 miles||897 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 7:28 PM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||E|
|Apia *||Thu 7:28 PM||1938 km||1204 miles||1046 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.