Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 6:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 06:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.94 meters/second, 1616.2 km/hour, 1004.2 miles/hour or 872.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 50.3"||1004.16 mi||West||0° 11' 05.8"||12.71 mi||North||1004.13 mi|
|24 hours||349° 12' 11.7"||745.27 mi||West||4° 16' 48.4"||294.11 mi||North||798.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Thu 6:18 PM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 6:18 PM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||NW|
|Tabiteuea||Thu 6:18 PM||551 km||342 miles||297 nm||S|
|Yaren||Thu 6:18 PM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 6:18 PM||1145 km||712 miles||618 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Thu 6:18 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Thu 5:18 PM||1773 km||1102 miles||957 nm||WNW|
|Wake Island||Thu 6:18 PM||1893 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Thu 5:18 PM||2116 km||1315 miles||1142 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 7:18 PM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.