Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 7:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 07:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.82 meters/second, 1615.7 km/hour, 1004.0 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 52.1"||1003.89 mi||West||0° 11' 03.3"||12.66 mi||North||1003.86 mi|
|24 hours||10° 47' 25.8"||744.62 mi||East||4° 15' 33.6"||292.69 mi||North||797.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weno||Thu 5:42 PM||427 km||265 miles||230 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Thu 6:42 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||ENE|
|Kolonia||Thu 6:42 PM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 5:42 PM||1423 km||885 miles||769 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Thu 7:42 PM||1577 km||980 miles||852 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Thu 4:42 PM||1591 km||988 miles||859 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 5:42 PM||1638 km||1018 miles||884 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Thu 6:42 PM||1646 km||1023 miles||889 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Thu 7:42 PM||2015 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Thu 4:42 PM||2123 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.