Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 8:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 08:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.71 meters/second, 1615.4 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 53.4"||1003.65 mi||West||0° 11' 01.1"||12.62 mi||North||1003.61 mi|
|24 hours||10° 47' 08.9"||744.10 mi||East||4° 14' 30.1"||291.47 mi||North||796.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 5:52 PM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||NNW|
|Colonia||Thu 6:52 PM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Thu 5:52 PM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Thu 5:52 PM||877 km||545 miles||474 nm||SSE|
|Davao||Thu 4:52 PM||1247 km||775 miles||674 nm||WNW|
|General Santos||Thu 4:52 PM||1273 km||791 miles||687 nm||W|
|Manado||Thu 4:52 PM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 6:52 PM||1372 km||853 miles||741 nm||NE|
|Gorontalo||Thu 4:52 PM||1547 km||961 miles||835 nm||WSW|
|Dili||Thu 5:52 PM||1857 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.