Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.46 meters/second, 1614.5 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 56.1"||1003.10 mi||west||0° 10' 56.3"||12.53 mi||north||1003.04 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 38.4"||743.07 mi||east||4° 12' 12.8"||288.86 mi||north||794.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ipoh||Thu 7:18 PM||33 km||20 miles||18 nm||E|
|George Town||Thu 7:18 PM||104 km||64 miles||56 nm||NNW|
|Alor Setar||Thu 7:18 PM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||NNW|
|Kuala Lumpur||Thu 7:18 PM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||SSE|
|Langkawi||Thu 7:18 PM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||NNW|
|Seremban||Thu 7:18 PM||244 km||151 miles||132 nm||SSE|
|Medan||Thu 6:18 PM||264 km||164 miles||143 nm||WSW|
|Hat Yai||Thu 6:18 PM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||N|
|Pematangsiantar||Thu 6:18 PM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||SW|
|Kuantan||Thu 7:18 PM||292 km||181 miles||158 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.