Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.47 meters/second, 1614.5 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 56.1"||1003.10 mi||West||0° 10' 56.3"||12.53 mi||North||1003.05 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 38.7"||743.07 mi||East||4° 12' 13.8"||288.88 mi||North||794.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ipoh||Thu 7:18 PM||3 km||2 miles||1 nm||ESE|
|George Town||Thu 7:18 PM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||NW|
|Kuala Lumpur||Thu 7:18 PM||177 km||110 miles||96 nm||SSE|
|Alor Setar||Thu 7:18 PM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||NNW|
|Seremban||Thu 7:18 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||SSE|
|Langkawi||Thu 7:18 PM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||NW|
|Kuantan||Thu 7:18 PM||263 km||164 miles||142 nm||ESE|
|Hat Yai||Thu 6:18 PM||273 km||170 miles||148 nm||NNW|
|Medan||Thu 6:18 PM||292 km||181 miles||157 nm||WSW|
|Pematangsiantar||Thu 6:18 PM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.