Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.47 meters/second, 1614.5 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 56.1"||1003.10 mi||west||0° 10' 56.3"||12.53 mi||north||1003.05 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 38.7"||743.07 mi||east||4° 12' 13.8"||288.88 mi||north||794.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ipoh||Thu 7:18 PM||3 km||2 miles||1 nm||ESE|
|George Town||Thu 7:18 PM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||NW|
|Kuala Lumpur||Thu 7:18 PM||177 km||110 miles||96 nm||SSE|
|Alor Setar||Thu 7:18 PM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||NNW|
|Seremban||Thu 7:18 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||SSE|
|Langkawi||Thu 7:18 PM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||NW|
|Kuantan||Thu 7:18 PM||263 km||164 miles||142 nm||ESE|
|Hat Yai||Thu 6:18 PM||273 km||170 miles||148 nm||NNW|
|Medan||Thu 6:18 PM||292 km||181 miles||157 nm||WSW|
|Pematangsiantar||Thu 6:18 PM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.