Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.45 meters/second, 1614.4 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 56.2"||1003.08 mi||West||0° 10' 56.2"||12.53 mi||North||1003.03 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 37.5"||743.03 mi||East||4° 12' 08.1"||288.77 mi||North||794.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|George Town||Thu 7:24 PM||116 km||72 miles||62 nm||NE|
|Medan||Thu 6:24 PM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||SW|
|Ipoh||Thu 7:24 PM||164 km||102 miles||89 nm||E|
|Alor Setar||Thu 7:24 PM||183 km||114 miles||99 nm||NNE|
|Langkawi||Thu 7:24 PM||188 km||117 miles||102 nm||N|
|Pematangsiantar||Thu 6:24 PM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||SSW|
|Hat Yai||Thu 6:24 PM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||NNE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Thu 7:24 PM||281 km||175 miles||152 nm||SE|
|Seremban||Thu 7:24 PM||331 km||206 miles||179 nm||SE|
|Phuket||Thu 6:24 PM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.