Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.44 meters/second, 1614.4 km/hour, 1003.1 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 56.3"||1003.04 mi||West||0° 10' 55.9"||12.52 mi||North||1002.98 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 35.6"||742.97 mi||East||4° 11' 58.6"||288.59 mi||North||794.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Medan||Thu 6:34 PM||201 km||125 miles||109 nm||SE|
|Banda Aceh||Thu 6:34 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||WNW|
|Pematangsiantar||Thu 6:34 PM||279 km||173 miles||151 nm||SE|
|George Town||Thu 7:34 PM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||ENE|
|Phuket||Thu 6:34 PM||379 km||236 miles||205 nm||NNE|
|Alor Setar||Thu 7:34 PM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||ENE|
|Ipoh||Thu 7:34 PM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||E|
|Hat Yai||Thu 6:34 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||NE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Thu 7:34 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||ESE|
|Seremban||Thu 7:34 PM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.