Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 12:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 12:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.35 meters/second, 1614.0 km/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 57.1"||1002.83 mi||West||0° 10' 54.3"||12.49 mi||North||1002.78 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 27.1"||742.64 mi||East||4° 11' 10.5"||287.67 mi||North||793.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kalmunai||Thu 5:54 PM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||NW|
|Kandy||Thu 5:54 PM||564 km||350 miles||304 nm||WNW|
|Trincomalee||Thu 5:54 PM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||NW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 5:54 PM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||WNW|
|Colombo||Thu 5:54 PM||625 km||388 miles||338 nm||WNW|
|Madurai||Thu 5:54 PM||955 km||593 miles||516 nm||NW|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 5:54 PM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||WNW|
|Chennai||Thu 5:54 PM||1056 km||656 miles||570 nm||NNW|
|Bengaluru||Thu 5:54 PM||1224 km||760 miles||661 nm||NW|
|Male||Thu 5:24 PM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.