Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 12:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 12:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.31 meters/second, 1613.9 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 57.5"||1002.75 mi||West||0° 10' 53.6"||12.47 mi||North||1002.69 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 23.9"||742.51 mi||East||4° 10' 51.2"||287.30 mi||North||793.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galle||Thu 6:14 PM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||N|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 6:14 PM||225 km||140 miles||122 nm||N|
|Colombo||Thu 6:14 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||N|
|Kandy||Thu 6:14 PM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||N|
|Kalmunai||Thu 6:14 PM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||NNE|
|Trincomalee||Thu 6:14 PM||423 km||263 miles||229 nm||NNE|
|Jaffna||Thu 6:14 PM||530 km||330 miles||286 nm||N|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 6:14 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||NW|
|Madurai||Thu 6:14 PM||606 km||376 miles||327 nm||NNW|
|Theni||Thu 6:14 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.