Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 2:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 14:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.06 meters/second, 1613.0 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 59.4"||1002.19 mi||West||0° 10' 49.2"||12.39 mi||North||1002.12 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 06.1"||741.73 mi||East||4° 08' 44.9"||284.90 mi||North||791.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galkayo||Thu 5:52 PM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||NW|
|Mogadishu||Thu 5:52 PM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||SW|
|Bosaso||Thu 5:52 PM||666 km||414 miles||360 nm||N|
|Hargeisa||Thu 5:52 PM||740 km||460 miles||399 nm||NW|
|Dire Dawa||Thu 5:52 PM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||WNW|
|Aden||Thu 5:52 PM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Thu 5:52 PM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||NW|
|Kismayo||Thu 5:52 PM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||SW|
|Ali Sabieh||Thu 5:52 PM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||NW|
|Hadibu||Thu 5:52 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.