Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 4:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 16:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.87 meters/second, 1612.3 kilometres/hour, 1001.8 miles/hour or 870.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 00.5"||1001.75 mi||West||0° 10' 45.9"||12.33 mi||North||1001.68 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 56.2"||741.20 mi||East||4° 07' 11.9"||283.12 mi||North||790.43 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Obo||Thu 5:24 PM||47 km||29 miles||25 nm||WSW|
|Yambio||Thu 7:24 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||ESE|
|Wau||Thu 7:24 PM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||NNE|
|Juba||Thu 7:24 PM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||E|
|Bria||Thu 5:24 PM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||WNW|
|Kisangani||Thu 6:24 PM||586 km||364 miles||317 nm||SSW|
|Gulu||Thu 7:24 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||ESE|
|Malakal||Thu 7:24 PM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||NE|
|Lira||Thu 7:24 PM||760 km||472 miles||410 nm||ESE|
|Ruhengeri||Thu 6:24 PM||836 km||520 miles||452 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.