Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 17:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.73 meters/second, 1611.8 kilometres/hour, 1001.6 miles/hour or 870.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.21 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 01.4"||1001.46 mi||West||0° 10' 43.8"||12.29 mi||North||1001.38 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 51.3"||740.88 mi||East||4° 06' 10.2"||281.95 mi||North||789.65 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bertoua||Thu 6:24 PM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||SE|
|Yaoundé||Thu 6:24 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||SSW|
|Ngaoundéré||Thu 6:24 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||NE|
|Bamenda||Thu 6:24 PM||244 km||152 miles||132 nm||W|
|Douala||Thu 6:24 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||WSW|
|Jalingo||Thu 6:24 PM||368 km||228 miles||198 nm||NNW|
|Ebebiyín||Thu 6:24 PM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||SSW|
|Garoua||Thu 6:24 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||NNE|
|Berbérati||Thu 6:24 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||ESE|
|Malabo||Thu 6:24 PM||451 km||280 miles||243 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.