Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 6:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 18:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.58 meters/second, 1611.3 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 02.2"||1001.10 mi||West||0° 10' 41.2"||12.24 mi||North||1001.01 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 46.7"||740.52 mi||East||4° 04' 57.1"||280.56 mi||North||788.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Divo||Thu 6:34 PM||81 km||50 miles||44 nm||W|
|Abidjan||Thu 6:34 PM||96 km||59 miles||52 nm||SE|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 6:34 PM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||NW|
|Bouaké||Thu 6:34 PM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||NNW|
|Daloa||Thu 6:34 PM||227 km||141 miles||122 nm||WNW|
|San Pédro||Thu 6:34 PM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||WSW|
|Dabakala||Thu 6:34 PM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||N|
|Kumasi||Thu 6:34 PM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||ENE|
|Man||Thu 6:34 PM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||WNW|
|Harper||Thu 6:34 PM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.