Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 23:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.81 meters/second, 1608.5 km/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 04.9"||999.37 mi||West||0° 10' 29.2"||12.01 mi||North||999.26 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 43.6"||739.15 mi||East||3° 59' 20.3"||274.14 mi||North||784.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santiago de Veraguas||Thu 6:44 PM||189 km||118 miles||102 nm||NW|
|Panama||Thu 6:44 PM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||N|
|David||Thu 6:44 PM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||WNW|
|Medellin||Thu 6:44 PM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||E|
|Montería||Thu 6:44 PM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||ENE|
|Pereira||Thu 6:44 PM||508 km||316 miles||275 nm||ESE|
|Manizales||Thu 6:44 PM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||ESE|
|Cali||Thu 6:44 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||SE|
|San Jose||Thu 5:44 PM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||NW|
|Alajuela||Thu 5:44 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.