Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 21, 2012 at 12:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.70 meters/second, 1608.1 km/hour, 999.2 miles/hour or 868.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 05.1"||999.12 mi||West||0° 10' 27.5"||11.98 mi||North||999.01 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 45.3"||738.99 mi||East||3° 58' 33.2"||273.24 mi||North||784.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|León||Thu 6:26 PM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||NNE|
|Masaya||Thu 6:26 PM||701 km||435 miles||378 nm||NE|
|Managua||Thu 6:26 PM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Thu 6:26 PM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||ENE|
|San Miguel||Thu 6:26 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Thu 6:26 PM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Thu 6:26 PM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||N|
|Matagalpa||Thu 6:26 PM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||NNE|
|Escuintla||Thu 6:26 PM||816 km||507 miles||441 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 6:26 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.