Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 21, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.70 meters/second, 1608.1 km/hour, 999.2 miles/hour or 868.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 05.1"||999.12 mi||west||0° 10' 27.5"||11.98 mi||north||999.01 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 45.3"||738.99 mi||east||3° 58' 33.2"||273.24 mi||north||784.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Masaya||Thu 6:26 PM||701 km||435 miles||378 nm||NE|
|Managua||Thu 6:26 PM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Thu 6:26 PM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||ENE|
|San Miguel||Thu 6:26 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Thu 6:26 PM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Thu 6:26 PM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||N|
|Escuintla||Thu 6:26 PM||816 km||507 miles||441 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 6:26 PM||844 km||524 miles||456 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 6:26 PM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||N|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 6:26 PM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.