Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 21, 2012 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.67 meters/second, 1608.0 km/hour, 999.2 miles/hour or 868.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 05.1"||999.06 mi||West||0° 10' 27.1"||11.97 mi||North||998.94 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 45.8"||738.95 mi||East||3° 58' 21.7"||273.03 mi||North||784.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Salvador||Thu 6:36 PM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||NNE|
|Escuintla||Thu 6:36 PM||828 km||515 miles||447 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Thu 6:36 PM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||NNE|
|San Miguel||Thu 6:36 PM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||NNE|
|León||Thu 6:36 PM||856 km||532 miles||462 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Thu 6:36 PM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 6:36 PM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||NE|
|Masaya||Thu 6:36 PM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||NE|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 6:36 PM||927 km||576 miles||501 nm||SSE|
|Matagalpa||Thu 6:36 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.