Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 21, 2012 at 00:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 00:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.62 meters/second, 1607.8 km/hour, 999.1 miles/hour or 868.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 05.2"||998.96 mi||west||0° 10' 26.3"||11.96 mi||north||998.85 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 46.6"||738.89 mi||east||3° 58' 03.7"||272.68 mi||north||784.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa María Huatulco||Thu 6:52 PM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||N|
|Escuintla||Thu 6:52 PM||1005 km||624 miles||543 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Thu 6:52 PM||1049 km||652 miles||566 nm||NE|
|Santa Ana||Thu 6:52 PM||1066 km||663 miles||576 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 6:52 PM||1072 km||666 miles||579 nm||NE|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 6:52 PM||1151 km||715 miles||622 nm||SE|
|Acapulco||Thu 6:52 PM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||NNW|
|Managua||Thu 6:52 PM||1239 km||770 miles||669 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 6:52 PM||1262 km||784 miles||681 nm||NE|
|Veracruz||Thu 6:52 PM||1344 km||835 miles||726 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.