Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 21, 2012 at 1:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 01:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.49 meters/second, 1607.4 km/hour, 998.8 miles/hour or 867.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 05.6"||998.65 mi||West||0° 10' 24.4"||11.92 mi||North||998.53 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 49.4"||738.72 mi||East||3° 57' 06.6"||271.59 mi||North||783.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Thu 7:42 PM||1414 km||878 miles||763 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Thu 7:42 PM||1589 km||988 miles||858 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Thu 7:42 PM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||NE|
|Leon||Thu 7:42 PM||1709 km||1062 miles||923 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Thu 7:42 PM||1752 km||1088 miles||946 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Thu 6:42 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||N|
|San Luis Potosi||Thu 7:42 PM||1840 km||1143 miles||993 nm||NNE|
|Veracruz||Thu 7:42 PM||1877 km||1166 miles||1014 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Thu 7:42 PM||2121 km||1318 miles||1145 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Thu 7:42 PM||2225 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.