Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 21, 2012 at 5:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 05:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.86 meters/second, 1605.1 km/hour, 997.4 miles/hour or 866.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 06.4"||997.25 mi||West||0° 10' 15.2"||11.74 mi||North||997.11 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 09.7"||738.05 mi||East||3° 52' 53.8"||266.78 mi||North||781.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 7:18 PM||762 km||473 miles||411 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Thu 7:18 PM||1528 km||950 miles||825 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Thu 5:18 PM||1931 km||1200 miles||1042 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:18 PM||2220 km||1380 miles||1199 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 7:18 PM||2681 km||1666 miles||1448 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 6:18 PM||2852 km||1772 miles||1540 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Fri 5:18 PM||2859 km||1776 miles||1544 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Fri 5:18 PM||2988 km||1857 miles||1613 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Thu 7:18 PM||3064 km||1904 miles||1654 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Fri 5:18 PM||3069 km||1907 miles||1657 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.