Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 21, 2012 at 6:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.63 meters/second, 1604.3 km/hour, 996.8 miles/hour or 866.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 06.6"||996.71 mi||West||0° 10' 11.8"||11.68 mi||North||996.57 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 20.0"||737.85 mi||East||3° 51' 20.0"||264.99 mi||North||780.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Thu 6:36 PM||938 km||583 miles||507 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Fri 6:36 PM||1005 km||624 miles||543 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 6:36 PM||1088 km||676 miles||587 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Fri 6:36 PM||1758 km||1092 miles||949 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 6:36 PM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Fri 6:36 PM||1927 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 7:36 PM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Thu 7:36 PM||2248 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||N|
|Palikir||Fri 5:36 PM||2442 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 8:36 PM||2573 km||1599 miles||1389 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.