Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 21, 2012 at 11:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.63 meters/second, 1600.7 km/hour, 994.6 miles/hour or 864.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 06.5"||994.48 mi||West||0° 09' 57.7"||11.41 mi||North||994.32 mi|
|24 hours||10° 47' 15.5"||737.26 mi||East||3° 44' 57.1"||257.69 mi||North||776.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cần Thơ||Fri 6:44 PM||130 km||81 miles||70 nm||N|
|Ho Chi Minh||Fri 6:44 PM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||NNE|
|Sihanoukville||Fri 6:44 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||NW|
|Phnom Penh||Fri 6:44 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||NNW|
|Siem Reap||Fri 6:44 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||NNW|
|Battambang||Fri 6:44 PM||532 km||331 miles||287 nm||NNW|
|Nha Trang||Fri 6:44 PM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||NE|
|Hat Yai||Fri 6:44 PM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||WSW|
|Kuantan||Fri 7:44 PM||614 km||382 miles||332 nm||SSW|
|Alor Setar||Fri 7:44 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.