Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 21, 2012 at 12:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 12:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.49 meters/second, 1600.2 kilometres/hour, 994.3 miles/hour or 864.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 06.4"||994.16 mi||West||0° 09' 55.8"||11.37 mi||North||994.00 mi|
|24 hours||10° 47' 24.9"||737.20 mi||East||3° 44' 03.2"||256.66 mi||North||776.52 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Phuket||Fri 7:26 PM||355 km||220 miles||191 nm||ESE|
|Banda Aceh||Fri 7:26 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||S|
|Port Blair||Fri 5:56 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||NW|
|Kangar||Fri 8:26 PM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||ESE|
|Hat Yai||Fri 7:26 PM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||ESE|
|Alor Setar||Fri 8:26 PM||636 km||395 miles||344 nm||ESE|
|Dawei||Fri 6:56 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||NNE|
|George Town||Fri 8:26 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||SE|
|Medan||Fri 7:26 PM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||SSE|
|Bangkok||Fri 7:26 PM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.