Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 21, 2012 at 12:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 12:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.46 meters/second, 1600.0 km/hour, 994.2 miles/hour or 864.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 06.4"||994.09 mi||West||0° 09' 55.2"||11.36 mi||North||993.92 mi|
|24 hours||10° 47' 27.0"||737.19 mi||East||3° 43' 50.5"||256.42 mi||North||776.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Fri 6:06 PM||295 km||184 miles||159 nm||N|
|Banda Aceh||Fri 7:36 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||SE|
|Phuket||Fri 7:36 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||ESE|
|Hat Yai||Fri 7:36 PM||858 km||533 miles||464 nm||ESE|
|Medan||Fri 7:36 PM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||SE|
|Yangon||Fri 7:06 PM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||NNE|
|Bangkok||Fri 7:36 PM||973 km||605 miles||525 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 8:36 PM||1166 km||725 miles||630 nm||ESE|
|Naypyidaw||Fri 7:06 PM||1233 km||766 miles||666 nm||NNE|
|Phnom Penh||Fri 7:36 PM||1341 km||833 miles||724 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.