Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 21, 2012 at 1:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 13:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.25 meters/second, 1599.3 km/hour, 993.8 miles/hour or 863.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 06.3"||993.62 mi||West||0° 09' 52.4"||11.31 mi||North||993.46 mi|
|24 hours||10° 47' 41.2"||737.11 mi||East||3° 42' 32.7"||254.94 mi||North||775.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ramanathapuram||Fri 7:06 PM||51 km||32 miles||28 nm||ENE|
|Ilaiyangudi||Fri 7:06 PM||53 km||33 miles||29 nm||NNE|
|Thoothukudi||Fri 7:06 PM||54 km||34 miles||29 nm||SW|
|Virudhunagar||Fri 7:06 PM||65 km||40 miles||35 nm||NW|
|Sivaganga||Fri 7:06 PM||72 km||45 miles||39 nm||N|
|Thiruchendur||Fri 7:06 PM||84 km||52 miles||45 nm||SSW|
|Madurai||Fri 7:06 PM||86 km||54 miles||47 nm||NNW|
|Tirunelveli||Fri 7:06 PM||94 km||59 miles||51 nm||WSW|
|Karaikudi||Fri 7:06 PM||105 km||65 miles||57 nm||NNE|
|Tenkasi||Fri 7:06 PM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.