Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 21, 2012 at 1:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 13:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.19 meters/second, 1599.1 km/hour, 993.6 miles/hour or 863.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 06.3"||993.50 mi||West||0° 09' 51.6"||11.29 mi||North||993.33 mi|
|24 hours||10° 47' 45.2"||737.10 mi||East||3° 42' 11.9"||254.54 mi||North||775.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alappuzha||Fri 7:22 PM||201 km||125 miles||109 nm||E|
|Kochi||Fri 7:22 PM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||ENE|
|Kattoor||Fri 7:22 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||NE|
|Kottayam||Fri 7:22 PM||223 km||139 miles||121 nm||E|
|Tiruvalla||Fri 7:22 PM||226 km||141 miles||122 nm||E|
|Ponnani||Fri 7:22 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||NE|
|Kollam||Fri 7:22 PM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||E|
|Chalakudy||Fri 7:22 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||ENE|
|Thrissur||Fri 7:22 PM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||NE|
|Pathanamthitta||Fri 7:22 PM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.