Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 21, 2012 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 21, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.21 meters/second, 1595.6 kilometres/hour, 991.4 miles/hour or 861.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 04.9"||991.29 mi||West||0° 09' 38.0"||11.04 mi||North||991.11 mi|
|24 hours||10° 49' 01.2"||736.92 mi||East||3° 36' 07.1"||247.59 mi||North||773.08 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaduna||Fri 7:26 PM||91 km||56 miles||49 nm||NW|
|Abuja||Fri 7:26 PM||120 km||75 miles||65 nm||SSW|
|Zaria||Fri 7:26 PM||125 km||78 miles||68 nm||NNW|
|Kano||Fri 7:26 PM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||NNE|
|Makurdi||Fri 7:26 PM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||SSE|
|Jalingo||Fri 7:26 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||ESE|
|Enugu||Fri 7:26 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||S|
|Maradi||Fri 7:26 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||NNW|
|Zinder||Fri 7:26 PM||434 km||270 miles||235 nm||NNE|
|Osogbo||Fri 7:26 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.