Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 12:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 00:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 441.76 meters/second, 1590.3 kilometres/hour, 988.2 miles/hour or 858.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.47 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 01.7"||988.03 mi||West||0° 09' 18.2"||10.66 mi||North||987.83 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 12.5"||737.02 mi||East||3° 27' 15.1"||237.45 mi||North||769.80 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alajuela||Fri 6:46 PM||109 km||67 miles||59 nm||S|
|San Jose||Fri 6:46 PM||117 km||73 miles||63 nm||S|
|Liberia||Fri 6:46 PM||153 km||95 miles||82 nm||WSW|
|Limón||Fri 6:46 PM||160 km||99 miles||86 nm||SE|
|Masaya||Fri 6:46 PM||244 km||152 miles||132 nm||WNW|
|Managua||Fri 6:46 PM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||WNW|
|Matagalpa||Fri 6:46 PM||292 km||182 miles||158 nm||NW|
|David||Fri 7:46 PM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||SSE|
|León||Fri 6:46 PM||344 km||213 miles||185 nm||WNW|
|Puerto Cabezas||Fri 6:46 PM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.