Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 5:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 05:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.59 meters/second, 1586.1 km/hour, 985.6 miles/hour or 856.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 58.4"||985.41 mi||West||0° 09' 02.2"||10.35 mi||North||985.19 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 11.1"||737.35 mi||East||3° 20' 09.3"||229.33 mi||North||767.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 7:36 PM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:36 PM||1137 km||707 miles||614 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 5:36 PM||2752 km||1710 miles||1486 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:36 PM||2982 km||1853 miles||1610 nm||SW|
|Midway||Fri 6:36 PM||3006 km||1868 miles||1623 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Fri 7:36 PM||3280 km||2038 miles||1771 nm||S|
|Apia *||Sat 7:36 PM||3415 km||2122 miles||1844 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:36 PM||3681 km||2287 miles||1987 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 7:36 PM||3693 km||2295 miles||1994 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:36 PM||3774 km||2345 miles||2038 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.