Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 5:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 05:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.56 meters/second, 1586.0 km/hour, 985.5 miles/hour or 856.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 58.3"||985.34 mi||West||0° 09' 01.7"||10.34 mi||North||985.12 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 14.6"||737.36 mi||East||3° 19' 57.3"||229.10 mi||North||767.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 7:44 PM||1070 km||665 miles||578 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:44 PM||1098 km||683 miles||593 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 5:44 PM||2565 km||1594 miles||1385 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Fri 6:44 PM||2847 km||1769 miles||1537 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:44 PM||2855 km||1774 miles||1542 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sat 7:44 PM||3302 km||2052 miles||1783 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Fri 7:44 PM||3324 km||2065 miles||1795 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:44 PM||3514 km||2184 miles||1897 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:44 PM||3571 km||2219 miles||1928 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 5:44 PM||3578 km||2223 miles||1932 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.