Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 6:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.35 meters/second, 1585.3 km/hour, 985.0 miles/hour or 856.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 57.6"||984.85 mi||West||0° 08' 58.8"||10.29 mi||North||984.64 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 37.5"||737.44 mi||East||3° 18' 39.0"||227.61 mi||North||767.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 6:36 PM||1536 km||955 miles||829 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 8:36 PM||1578 km||981 miles||852 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 8:36 PM||1696 km||1054 miles||916 nm||SE|
|Midway||Fri 7:36 PM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Sat 6:36 PM||2221 km||1380 miles||1199 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:36 PM||2303 km||1431 miles||1244 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 7:36 PM||2362 km||1468 miles||1276 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:36 PM||2609 km||1621 miles||1409 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 6:36 PM||2737 km||1701 miles||1478 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Sat 8:36 PM||2861 km||1778 miles||1545 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.