Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 6:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 06:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.31 meters/second, 1585.1 km/hour, 984.9 miles/hour or 855.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 57.5"||984.76 mi||West||0° 08' 58.1"||10.28 mi||North||984.54 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 41.9"||737.46 mi||East||3° 18' 23.9"||227.32 mi||North||767.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 6:46 PM||1412 km||877 miles||762 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 8:46 PM||1778 km||1105 miles||960 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 8:46 PM||1908 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||SE|
|Midway||Fri 7:46 PM||1910 km||1187 miles||1031 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Sat 6:46 PM||1982 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:46 PM||2078 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 7:46 PM||2353 km||1462 miles||1270 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:46 PM||2486 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 6:46 PM||2490 km||1547 miles||1344 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Sat 6:46 PM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.