Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 12:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 12:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.79 meters/second, 1579.6 km/hour, 981.5 miles/hour or 852.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.17 mi||North||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 52.1"||981.35 mi||West||0° 08' 37.1"||9.87 mi||North||981.12 mi|
|24 hours||10° 56' 32.6"||738.18 mi||East||3° 09' 06.7"||216.69 mi||North||764.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pattaya||Sat 7:46 PM||48 km||30 miles||26 nm||WNW|
|Bangkok||Sat 7:46 PM||137 km||85 miles||74 nm||NW|
|Hua Hin||Sat 7:46 PM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||W|
|Battambang||Sat 7:46 PM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||E|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Sat 7:46 PM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||NNE|
|Siem Reap||Sat 7:46 PM||284 km||176 miles||153 nm||ENE|
|Sihanoukville||Sat 7:46 PM||340 km||211 miles||183 nm||SE|
|Nakhon Sawan||Sat 7:46 PM||347 km||216 miles||187 nm||NNW|
|Dawei||Sat 7:16 PM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||WNW|
|Phnom Penh||Sat 7:46 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.