Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 6:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.07 meters/second, 1562.7 km/hour, 971.0 miles/hour or 843.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.6"||970.76 mi||West||0° 07' 27.7"||8.55 mi||North||970.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 06' 32.8"||741.66 mi||East||2° 39' 00.6"||182.24 mi||North||758.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Sat 8:36 PM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||NNE|
|Wailuku||Sat 8:36 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Sat 8:36 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Sun 8:36 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||S|
|Midway||Sat 7:36 PM||2457 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Sat 6:36 PM||2617 km||1626 miles||1413 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 7:36 PM||3078 km||1913 miles||1662 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 6:36 PM||3451 km||2144 miles||1863 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 6:36 PM||3524 km||2190 miles||1903 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 8:36 PM||3547 km||2204 miles||1915 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.