Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 10:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 10:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.99 meters/second, 1558.8 km/hour, 968.6 miles/hour or 841.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.0"||968.33 mi||West||0° 07' 10.7"||8.23 mi||North||968.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 02.4"||742.65 mi||East||2° 31' 38.2"||173.79 mi||North||758.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 8:40 PM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Sun 8:40 PM||323 km||201 miles||175 nm||SE|
|Colonia||Sun 8:40 PM||851 km||529 miles||459 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Sun 7:40 PM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sun 9:40 PM||1936 km||1203 miles||1046 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Sun 7:40 PM||2029 km||1261 miles||1096 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Sun 7:40 PM||2068 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Sun 7:40 PM||2213 km||1375 miles||1195 nm||N|
|Osaka||Sun 7:40 PM||2227 km||1384 miles||1202 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 7:40 PM||2237 km||1390 miles||1208 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.