Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 12:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 12:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.47 meters/second, 1556.9 kilometres/hour, 967.4 miles/hour or 840.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.1"||967.17 mi||West||0° 07' 02.3"||8.07 mi||North||966.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 14.6"||743.14 mi||East||2° 28' 04.2"||169.71 mi||North||757.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Olongapo||Sun 8:36 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||E|
|Tarlac City||Sun 8:36 PM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||E|
|Mabalacat||Sun 8:36 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||E|
|Angeles||Sun 8:36 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||E|
|Haikou||Sun 8:36 PM||648 km||402 miles||350 nm||NW|
|Manila||Sun 8:36 PM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||ESE|
|Quezon||Sun 8:36 PM||698 km||433 miles||377 nm||E|
|Macau||Sun 8:36 PM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||N|
|Hong Kong||Sun 8:36 PM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||N|
|Kowloon||Sun 8:36 PM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.