Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 8:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 20:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.41 meters/second, 1549.5 km/hour, 962.8 miles/hour or 836.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.05 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||16.05 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.1"||962.54 mi||West||0° 06' 27.3"||7.40 mi||North||962.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 12.1"||745.23 mi||East||2° 13' 04.2"||152.53 mi||North||756.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Sun 8:30 PM||303 km||188 miles||163 nm||W|
|Dori||Sun 8:30 PM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||S|
|Ouahigouya||Sun 8:30 PM||432 km||269 miles||233 nm||SW|
|Niamey||Sun 9:30 PM||440 km||273 miles||238 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Sun 8:30 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||SSW|
|Fada N'gourma||Sun 8:30 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Sun 8:30 PM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||SSW|
|Kandi||Sun 9:30 PM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||SSE|
|Koutiala||Sun 8:30 PM||752 km||468 miles||406 nm||SW|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Sun 8:30 PM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.