Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 10:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 22:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.85 meters/second, 1547.5 km/hour, 961.6 miles/hour or 835.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.7"||961.29 mi||West||0° 06' 17.4"||7.21 mi||North||961.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 33.7"||745.82 mi||East||2° 08' 50.6"||147.69 mi||North||755.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Sun 9:40 PM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||E|
|Praia||Sun 9:40 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||ESE|
|Dakar||Sun 10:40 PM||1546 km||961 miles||835 nm||E|
|Banjul||Sun 10:40 PM||1668 km||1037 miles||901 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Sun 10:40 PM||1668 km||1037 miles||901 nm||E|
|Bissau||Sun 10:40 PM||1825 km||1134 miles||985 nm||ESE|
|Conakry||Sun 10:40 PM||2114 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún||Sun 10:40 PM||2206 km||1371 miles||1191 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Sun 10:40 PM||2211 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||ESE|
|Ponta Delgada||Sun 9:40 PM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.