Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 24, 2012 at 4:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 24, 2012 at 04:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.36 meters/second, 1542.1 km/hour, 958.2 miles/hour or 832.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 57.2"||957.93 mi||West||0° 05' 49.3"||6.67 mi||North||957.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 18.0"||747.45 mi||East||1° 56' 53.2"||133.99 mi||North||755.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Sun 9:40 PM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 9:40 PM||1501 km||933 miles||810 nm||NNE|
|Tijuana||Sun 8:40 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||N|
|Guadalajara||Sun 10:40 PM||1665 km||1035 miles||899 nm||ENE|
|San Diego||Sun 8:40 PM||1677 km||1042 miles||906 nm||N|
|Mexicali||Sun 8:40 PM||1695 km||1053 miles||915 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes||Sun 10:40 PM||1797 km||1117 miles||970 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 8:40 PM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||N|
|Leon||Sun 10:40 PM||1844 km||1146 miles||996 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Sun 9:40 PM||1877 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.