Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 24, 2012 at 11:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 24, 2012 at 11:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.70 meters/second, 1536.1 kilometres/hour, 954.5 miles/hour or 829.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||North||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.2"||954.21 mi||West||0° 05' 15.3"||6.02 mi||North||953.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 32.0"||749.35 mi||East||1° 42' 30.4"||117.51 mi||North||754.74 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 9:40 PM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 9:40 PM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||SE|
|Colonia||Mon 9:40 PM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Mon 8:40 PM||1303 km||810 miles||704 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Mon 8:40 PM||1825 km||1134 miles||985 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Mon 8:40 PM||1827 km||1135 miles||986 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Mon 8:40 PM||1850 km||1150 miles||999 nm||N|
|Osaka||Mon 8:40 PM||1855 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||N|
|Kobe||Mon 8:40 PM||1863 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Mon 8:40 PM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.