Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 24, 2012 at 4:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 24, 2012 at 16:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.58 meters/second, 1532.1 km/hour, 952.0 miles/hour or 827.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.2"||951.70 mi||West||0° 04' 50.2"||5.55 mi||North||951.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 25.5"||750.65 mi||East||1° 31' 57.8"||105.43 mi||North||754.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mumbai||Mon 10:10 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||E|
|Vasai-Virar||Mon 10:10 PM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||E|
|Karachi||Mon 9:40 PM||680 km||422 miles||367 nm||N|
|Surat||Mon 10:10 PM||688 km||427 miles||371 nm||ENE|
|Pune||Mon 10:10 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||E|
|Hyderabad (PK)||Mon 9:40 PM||754 km||469 miles||407 nm||NNE|
|Ahmedabad||Mon 10:10 PM||768 km||477 miles||415 nm||NE|
|Vadodara||Mon 10:10 PM||777 km||483 miles||420 nm||ENE|
|Godhra||Mon 10:10 PM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||ENE|
|Lunawada||Mon 10:10 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.