Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 25, 2012 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.32 meters/second, 1520.3 km/hour, 944.7 miles/hour or 820.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.1"||944.38 mi||West||0° 03' 19.6"||3.82 mi||North||944.22 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 56.9"||754.59 mi||West||0° 54' 12.7"||62.16 mi||North||754.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 9:52 PM||1084 km||674 miles||585 nm||W|
|Midway||Mon 10:52 PM||1084 km||674 miles||585 nm||NNE|
|Majuro||Tue 9:52 PM||1542 km||958 miles||832 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:52 PM||2091 km||1300 miles||1129 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:52 PM||2296 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Tue 8:52 PM||2488 km||1546 miles||1343 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Tue 9:52 PM||2515 km||1562 miles||1358 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:52 PM||2627 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:52 PM||3155 km||1960 miles||1704 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:52 PM||3436 km||2135 miles||1855 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.