Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 25, 2012 at 8:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 at 20:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.87 meters/second, 1515.1 km/hour, 941.4 miles/hour or 818.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.4"||941.13 mi||West||0° 02' 22.3"||2.72 mi||North||941.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 54.8"||756.35 mi||East||0° 30' 34.9"||35.06 mi||North||755.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kufra||Tue 9:14 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||NW|
|Fada||Tue 9:14 PM||625 km||389 miles||338 nm||SW|
|Kharga Oasis||Tue 10:14 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||NE|
|Al-Fashir||Tue 11:14 PM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||S|
|Faya-Largeau||Tue 9:14 PM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||WSW|
|Khartoum||Tue 11:14 PM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||SE|
|Luxor||Tue 10:14 PM||862 km||536 miles||466 nm||NE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Tue 11:14 PM||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||SSE|
|Abéché||Tue 9:14 PM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||SW|
|Al Jizah||Tue 10:14 PM||1166 km||724 miles||629 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.