Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 25, 2012 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.68 meters/second, 1514.4 km/hour, 941.0 miles/hour or 817.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.7"||940.71 mi||West||0° 02' 13.0"||2.54 mi||North||940.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 24.7"||756.57 mi||East||0° 26' 48.9"||30.75 mi||North||756.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tamanrasset||Tue 10:52 PM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||NE|
|Arlit||Tue 10:52 PM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||ESE|
|Agadez||Tue 10:52 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||SE|
|Timbuktu||Tue 9:52 PM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||WSW|
|Niamey||Tue 10:52 PM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||S|
|Maradi||Tue 10:52 PM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Tue 9:52 PM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||SW|
|Zinder||Tue 10:52 PM||994 km||617 miles||536 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Tue 9:52 PM||1007 km||625 miles||544 nm||SSW|
|Kano||Tue 10:52 PM||1125 km||699 miles||607 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.