Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 1:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.33 meters/second, 1513.2 kilometres/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.3"||939.92 mi||West||0° 01' 54.0"||2.18 mi||North||939.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 20.4"||756.99 mi||East||0° 19' 01.2"||21.81 mi||North||756.52 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Tue 9:14 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 9:14 PM||1699 km||1056 miles||918 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 9:14 PM||1718 km||1067 miles||928 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Tue 9:14 PM||1718 km||1068 miles||928 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 9:14 PM||1725 km||1072 miles||932 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Tue 9:14 PM||1739 km||1080 miles||939 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 9:14 PM||1784 km||1109 miles||963 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 9:14 PM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Tue 10:14 PM||1858 km||1155 miles||1003 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 10:14 PM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.