Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.33 meters/second, 1513.2 km/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||north||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.3"||939.92 mi||west||0° 01' 54.0"||2.18 mi||north||939.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 20.4"||756.99 mi||east||0° 19' 01.2"||21.81 mi||north||756.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Tue 9:14 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 9:14 PM||1700 km||1056 miles||918 nm||W|
|Roseau||Tue 9:14 PM||1718 km||1067 miles||928 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 9:14 PM||1718 km||1067 miles||928 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 9:14 PM||1725 km||1072 miles||932 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Tue 9:14 PM||1738 km||1080 miles||938 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 9:14 PM||1784 km||1108 miles||963 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 9:14 PM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Tue 10:14 PM||1858 km||1155 miles||1003 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 10:14 PM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.